A Greek wine is on the list of the ten best wines in the world, as it emerged from the International Wine Challenge.
This is the Santorini Barrel 2020 of the Sigala Estate, which became the first Greek wine in the history of the institution to be named IWC Champion White Wine 2021.
Santorini 2020, Kavalieros 2018, Mavrotragano 2018, Am 2019 and Mm 2018 were also distinguished from the Sigala Estate. Wines from the Lafazanis Winery, the Zacharia Vineyards, the Kechri Winery, the Semeli Estate, the Athanasiou Distellery, the Pavlidis Estate and the Filos Estate. Specifically, in the International Wine Challenge 2021, the following emerged as the world’s top wines:
- Clos de la Roche Grand Cru Cuvée Cyrot Chaudron Hospices de Beaune 2019,
- Maison Albert Bichot (France)
- Vintage 2008, Piper-Heidsieck (France)
- Sigalas Santorini Barrel 2020, Domaine Sigalas (Greece)
- Vincanto di Carmignano Capezzana Riserva 2013, Tenuta Di Capezzana (Italy)
- Lustau Palo Cortado V.O.R.S 30 Years, Emilio Lustau (Spain)
- Wolf Blass Gray Label McLaren Vale Shiraz 2019, Wolf Blass Wines (Australia)
- Sauvignon Blanc Kitzeck-Sausal Südsteiermark 2019, Weingut Schneeberger
- Corton Charlemagne Grand Cru Domaine du Pavillon 2019, Maison Albert Bichot
- Erbacher Siegelsberg Riesling Grosses Gewächs 2015, Weingut Schloss
- Reinhartshause (Germany)
- Valli Pinot Noir Gibbston Vineyard 2019, Valli Vineyards (New Zealand)